FIELD OF EXPERTISE: Strategic Organizational Development
Strategic Organizational Development is the strategy of planned and systemic change of an organization by influencing structures, processes, corporate culture and the individual behavior of employees.
Risks and crises influence the development of organizations and changes in environmental conditions have a direct impact on organizations and their employees. These developments of organizations can be met either pro-actively or as a reactive adaptation strategy. The way in which the internally available potential can be used, taking advantage of current and expected strengths, is determined by the corporate strategy.
Disruptive market mechanisms and faster innovation cycles require organizations in the private sector, public administration and NGOs to be more adaptive and resilient. The resilience process of anticipating risks and crises, coping with crises in terms of solution development and implementation, and adapting, consisting of reflection and learning, require organizations and employees to have resilience resources on the one hand, and training and education measures on the other, in order to be able to guarantee successful strategic organizational development, management and control.
Successful organizational and personnel development not only addresses current challenges and problems, but also focuses on future trends and past developments.
The aim of the department is to:
- Discuss and develop innovative and sustainable concepts of organizational and human resource development, with a special focus on risk and crisis management,
- Generating knowledge about (potential) innovation and change drivers and their strategic effects, as well as conceptualizing their implementation
- linking cross-functional and sustainable success potentials in the context of the resilience and adaptability of organizations and employees
- to initiate the discussion about adaptive management and leadership methods in organizations
- Establishment and expansion of a network of experts
Accordingly, the Strategic Organizational Development department deals with the topics:
- Leadership and management of organizations and personnel
- Innovation and knowledge-oriented management
- Human resource management with a special focus on personnel management and personnel development
- Crisis management and resilience
- The effects of digitization on labor law and organizational as well as process framework conditions