FIELD OF EXPERTISE: Migration
Migration is not a new phenomenon, but it is constantly changing and has a massive impact on the world in which we live.
In order to comprehensively analyse and understand the current wave of irregular migration, it is necessary to grasp the concept of qualified migration of a large number of people and also the individual, correlating migration-causing factors (push and pull factors, as well as socio-psychological components) from a specific – not legally defined – point of view of migration, or willingness to migrate. At the same time, the developing reasons which eventually trigger the irregular primary and secondary migration must be taken into consideration.
The target is:
- Discussion and development of possible strategies for the cultural understanding of different ethnic groups
- Development of possible strategies to support people willing to migrate in their home country.
- Discussion and prediction of potential large migration flows and impacts on society and the economy.
- Redefining the concept of push and pull factors
- Systematic linking of factors with relevant socio-psychological influences
- Different values of different societies and social structures
Effects of migration on society in the target country
- Armin VOGL
Contact via email