COMPETENCE CENTER: CCDRD | Competence Center for Disaster Risk Diplomacy
The Competence Center acts as clearing house between the research about Disaster (Risk) Diplomacy, Disaster Risk Reduction in fragile states and on prevention tools on the one side, and the operational implementation of projects on the other side.
It prepares operational concepts for national and international institutions working on disaster diplomacy and supports projects and research around the wider field of fragile contexts and disaster risk reduction, as it was identified as a key problem of the implementation of the Sendai framework.
The center provides technical assistance to Disaster Risk Diplomacy projects and understands itself as a service centre for organisations working on and in related topics. Latest research and experiences are transferred into capacity building and training so that the impact in fragile environments can be strengthened.
The tasks of the competence center are:
- Operationalization of the Concept of Disaster and Disaster Risk Diplomacy
- Development of tools that break the cycle of disasters and conflicts in fragile states
- Implementation of projects at the corner of Disaster, Crisis and Conflict
- Training and Capacity Building to enable humanitarian and risk reduction projects in fragile environments
- Research and Development
Head of competence center:
- Dr. Albrecht BECK, Head of the Competence Center
- Contact via email