COMPETENCE CENTER: CCDI | Competence Center for Digital Innovations
Innovative business models based on digital technologies are gradually conquering all areas of the private sector and public administration.
Intelligent services generate higher customer satisfaction and give companies decisive competitive advantages. Thanks to the Internet of things (IoT), connected data-driven systems can also integrate sensors, machines and vehicles, process large volumes of collected data using big data techniques, and use artificial intelligence (AI) to gain new insights for the benefit of humans. Finding solutions for the secure use of information and communication technologies and the related risk and crisis management are an essential part of any information and communication infrastructure of an organization, considering people acting inside and outside the organization.
Advanced applications require a flexibly scalable, highly available and secure infrastructure. In addition to the cloud, blockchain, distributed ledger technologies (DLT) and decentralized storage solutions play an increasingly important role. They can protect distributed systems without central operators against external and internal attacks thanks to cryptographic techniques. The applications built on them enable, for example, tamper-proof records along supply chains, secure anonymous data exchange, monetization of assets, self-sovereign identities, and much more.
Our competence center has a network of experts for all important topics around blockchain and DLT, cryptography, cloud, big data, AI, robotics, virtual/augmented reality (VR/AR) and IoT. We can support you in the analysis, design and implementation of solutions for digitized business models, from experimental research to productive use.
The tasks of the competence center include:
- Analysis and design for the implementation of innovative applications
- Identification and continuous evaluation of (new) technologies for digital applications
- Planning and building of cloud infrastructures for blockchain networks
- Design and implementation of digitalized business processes
- Monitoring and optimization of infrastructures and applications
- Developing concepts, models, methods and tools for analyzing risks and developing resilience strategies
- Research and development in subject areas related to digital innovations
- Developing and disseminating best practices on a scientific basis through research, publishing and organizing/participating in congresses, symposia and seminars